1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Looking to buy a smartphone

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by StrahdOmega, 2013/11/06.

1. 2013/11/06
    StrahdOmega

StrahdOmega Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hey Guys,
    well I finally need to get a cell phone. I never needed one before but it looks like I do now. I don't know much about them but I have heard a lot of people having the same problem. They buy their phone and a sd card for storage but keep getting errors about low memory. Tracking down the problem leads to the phone saving everything to it's limited on phone memory and not the sd card. So they go to settings to change the default save location but there is very few apps and such that you can have saved on sd card instead of on phone. Are there some phones that are better at this than others and how can I tell before I buy if this will be a problem?

Thank you

2. 2013/11/06
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/11/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi StrahdOmega, I have Huawei Ideos Android Smartphones and the built in memory size depends on the Model of Huawei.
    I have U8150 Ideos and the memory is 200MB
    The U8800 X5 Model has 512MB.
    To increase storage you can use a Micro SD Card up to 32GB max.
    You need to Download from Google PlayStore an App called Astro File Manager and another useful one is Apps 2 SD. This enables you to store your downloads to the Micro card and keep the internal memory in a better state. Neil.

5. 2013/11/06
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Before I worried about any of that, I would want the best carrier for the best reception for my area. No reception, might as well tote around 2 tin cans and a string. Lots of them now are capping their downloads and will charge you more when you exceed it. Got to look at the BIG picture.

6. 2014/01/01
    vinonithi

vinonithi Inactive

Dear Dudes,
    I want to know about types of mobile processor list and future processor name also.
    plz guide me..

Last edited: 2014/01/01
  7. 2014/01/01
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi vinoniti, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :)
    Your question regarding Smartphones is a very personal choice. Today, you are looking at what will work in your specific Region.
    Here in NZ the 3G Network is pretty standard, but 4G is being introduced as quick as the Network Telcos can.
    It's no good buying the latest and greatest Smartphone unless it will work in your area and get good coverage.
    The Huawei Ascend P2 is 4G Android 4.1 CPU 1.5GHz Quad core Memory 1GB RAM and 16 GB ROM Rear camera 13 MP and front camera 1.3 MP
    UMTS 900/2100MHz and GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz. LTE (Cat4) Download speed 150Mbps. Takes up to 32GB SD card.
    You will need to do a search on all brands as we all have our own personal likes of brand. Neil.

8. 2014/01/01
    MrBill

Thanks for getting back with us and letting us know what is going on. You ask for help and then fade into space never to be heard from again.

9. 2014/01/02
    StrahdOmega

StrahdOmega Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I am so sorry for not replying sooner. I am still looking for a good smartphone but I really appreciate the info you guys gave me. I will more than likely wait until taxes when I have more wiggle room cash wise.

thank you again

10. 2014/01/03
    MrBill

By then, everything you looked at today, will be outdated. They change them like I change socks. :D