1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Looking for Windows 8 tutorials]

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by notsosmart, 2012/12/31.

1. 2012/12/31
    notsosmart

notsosmart Inactive Thread Starter

I destroyed a perfectly good one year old xps dell with windows 7 that I loved a week ago and am now the reluctant owner of a new xps dell with I7 processor and solid state drive, no removable battery and the prize -- windows 8.

I might go insane.

Can someone point me toward s a tutorial or something. I can't even figure out how to turn the **** thing off or how to find the menus. The wifi is not as sensitive and what worked fine on the other machine now requires me to move into another room --

I need to learn how to adjust the size of the browser, all of which are so small, and its all upside down, microsoft trying to be apple, and me crying WHY?

But I will valiantly try to learn if someone will point me to where I can;

Thanks so much.

JH

2. 2013/01/01
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/01/01
    masterroming

masterroming Well-Known Member

Hello notsosmart,
    Dell offer a free pdf guide to windows 8. Just google 'dell windows 8 for dummies pdf' (without quotes) and the first link should be what you looking for.

However if even after reading about, going through and generaly trying to understand Windows 8 you still feel as though you prefer Windows 7 (you're not alone there) then it might be worth rummaging around in that dusty draw to see if you can find a Windows 7 install Cd which you could use to 'downgrade' your PC to Windows 7, if you cant find one then you could always buy one, or just learn to love windows 8...

keep us updated.

masterroming

Last edited: 2013/01/02
  5. 2013/01/01
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff