1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Looking for a reliable mailing list.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by larsonjean, 2017/11/11.

1. 2017/11/11
    larsonjean

larsonjean Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Our Westinghouse Retirement group has had a wxforum@nxport.com mailing list for at least 20 years.

All of a sudden during the last several months we have not been able to send or receive the messages. We are thinking that maybe it is time to move the forum group to a new server. We really do not want to move but we have almost 400 retirees that enjoy this list.

My question is, what is a reliable mailing list that we could transfer our members to?

I believe we now have: mailman@nxport.com.

Thank you for any advice you can give us.

Jeanne

2. 2017/11/14
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Jeanne,

I few years back I ran a mailing list for our local computer user group using Mercury.

Pros, it's free and you have complete control of who can send/receive emails (eg separate mail groups).

Cons, you need to keep your server running 24/7 preferably with a fixed IP but services such as dyndns can assist if you have a dynamic IP address, Mercury can also be fiddly to secure but if done properly it's solid (it has IMAP, POP3, SMTP) as well as a postmaster (catch all) address.

Post back if you're interested after looking at Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Forums.

@Staff/Admin my apologies for referring to another forum but I believe in this case it's relevant.

3. to hide this advert.