1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Looking for a good recorder.

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by Forsaken Knight, 2013/02/16.

1. 2013/02/16
    Forsaken Knight

Forsaken Knight Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm looking for a good recorder so I can record my pc game play. I would like it to be sharp, clear to see, so I can upload the files to www.youtube.com. I basically want to know which recorder I should use that is best to record while I am on a game whether I'm in full screen or in window mode.

2. 2013/02/17
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/03/20
    Dereks

Dereks Inactive

My kid records his games all the time and uploads them to Youtube. He must of tried a dozen different recorders. Because of the high frame rates for games, a lot of normal screen recorders don't work very well, or slow the game, skip frames, etc. He finally settled on Fraps that was made specifically for recording games, and is very happy with it.

5. 2013/04/03
    Forsaken Knight

Forsaken Knight Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I looked up Fraps. the free version people said limited you on time. I then looked up another program called debut. It works very well. After downloading, you have to go into your control panel and set it to the free version via the programs list. Otherwise, you only get to record one video using any and all of the features once before it starts to spam you every time you try to record something with it that it needs you to either buy the product or set it to free version. Well, it doesn't specifically say the free version in the pop up, but you get the idea if you do some online research like I did. Honestly, I didn't think anyone was going to help me with this thread of mine on here after some time. Thanks for the reply though. I think fraps is great, but if you want a free version, look up debut. It took me a while too but I got it up and running.

Oh, and I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. Honestly, I didn't intend or want a violation/infraction due to this thread. Someone should really put in a feature to send an email to the email addresses on file of when a possible violation due to not setting a thread as resolved before you have the violation, sent to your email address so you will know. I was doing lots of other things and just recently came back to this site. Didn't know I had a violation pending due to neglect. I'm sorry for that. Well, I'm going to set this thread as resolved now; though I kind of came to the resolution my self, but hey, if I pass along what info I get, its all good.

Thanks for the replies, please take care.