1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Login password required when resuming from sleep/hybernate]

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by fmed4, 2014/04/16.

1. 2014/04/16
    fmed4

fmed4 Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    I changed the settings to allow me to boot up my computer without entering the MS password each and every time. Its working perfectly on boot up.
    But if I leave the computer for a few minutes and my computer goes into sleep/hibernate when I return it requires me to enter the MS password. Why??
    Is there a way to change a setting to eliminate this?

2. 2014/04/16
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Usually not enough
    Go to Accounts > Sign-in options > Password Policy - Password required when waking this PC from sleep > Change

fmed4 likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/04/17
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    Built. Broke. Fixed.
    You can also change your login to "Local" instead of Microsoft Login from User Accounts in Control Panel. This is easier for many people.

I do NOT recommend you stop using passwords. Having a password when booting or when coming out of sleep mode is good a "physical security" practice. Without a password, anyone (nosy houseguests/relatives, neighbors, or a burglar can walk up to your computer when you are away and gain access.

Bill,
    fmed4 likes this.