1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved l_intl.nls is missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by malestrom, 2009/07/12.

1. 2009/07/12
    malestrom

malestrom Inactive Thread Starter

As the title states the problem is the file l_intl.nls is missing.

I suddenly came accross this error.I 've done everything I can and lost my hard disk but that not the peoblem.

I would really love an answer as to what EXACTLY is this l_intl.nls problem.Just for my nerves sake!!

After formatting my hard drive and everything went as expected,when rebooting so it could continue to install,I get the message again.

O.K. so it's missing.I reboot and I go in to the recovery console (pressing R) and I'm in DOS mode.I'm no wizard tech but following my knowledge I accessed my C:\system 32 folder to see if it was missing.

Well I'm in DOS and I see that my C (Hard drive) has the folders which where copied on the installation procedure and I see that some folders on the left after the characteristics have an a or d.I cant remember but either the ones with the a have 0 bytes and the d are installed or vice versa.

Its somewhat like this:

--a--------- and --d---------

The system 32 folder is 0 bytes.I'm thinking that's because the installation procedure was not completed that it didn't have the time to install anything in there so upon reboot it cannot find the l_intl.nls file.Logical? I don't know.

I accessed the system32 folder and did a dir and guess what.It was full and the file l_intl.nls was THERE.

So i'm asking all you TECH guys and girls.

Why can't my installation procedure continue since I have done a clean format to my disk (deleted everything so it was raw) ,a clean installation and my system32 has it's l_intl.nls upon rebooting,so it can continue?????

I have done fixmbr fixboot.I cannot EXPAND since is denies me accsess (so I can overwrite the file) and basicaly I really want to know,is it a Hardware problem?Should I go and buy a new disk?

Can someone give me a solid reply?I don't care about files or anything else.I just want to have my PC back.That's all.I'm on XP PRO.

Thank you for your time and listening.

Chris

2. 2009/07/12
    gabieke

gabieke Inactive

way to do this is boot from your XP CD, and press R to goto the recovery console, choose the instalation thats not working from the list and enter the admin password when prompted.

then at the command prompt

type exactly. (where D: is your CDrom drive letter, it may be diffrent)

expand D:\i386\L_INTL.NL_ c:\Windows\system32\L_INTL.NLS

answer yes to any overwite prompt

if dont work you have a bat cd , or damaged

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/07/12
    malestrom

Thank you for your answer but as I mentioned above I cannot expand and overwrite the file from the CD because it DENIES me accsess...

It is not a faulty CD because I tried with XP PRO SP2,XP PRO SP3 and XP HOME edition.

5. 2009/07/12
    malestrom

I just wanted to add that the plot gets even more mysterious...

I managed to expand and overwrite the file using:

expand E:\i386\L_INTL.NL_ c:\Windows\system32\L_INTL.NLS

and it says that is was overwritten (expanded) succsefully.

The thing is that the file in the CD is :

L_INTL.NL

but the file that is missing is:

L_INTL.NLS

So my question is, I managed to expand and overwrite the missing file and got prompted if I wanted to overwrite it.How can this be since they are 2 DIFFERENT files?

What on earth is this l_intl.nls file and why does the original CD (that I have used to format my PC over and over) have a l_intl.nl (without the S) file?

6. 2009/07/12
    Whiskeyman Lifetime Subscription

Whiskeyman Inactive Alumni

These are the same file.

L_INTL.NL_

&

L_INTL.NLS

7. 2009/07/14
    malestrom

Well,problem solved.This message error is related to a faulty disk.I just bought a new one and that was it!

:)

8. 2009/07/14
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

I've marked this thread as 'Resolved', please see .....