1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Issues with pc that are not due to having malware or a virus

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Forsaken Knight, 2011/11/17.

1. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

Forsaken Knight Well-Known Member Thread Starter

http://www.windowsbbs.com/malware-virus-removal/100719-resolved-checking-my-pc-problems.html

I got help in the malware and virus section to see if my pc was having problems because of some trojan, malware, virus, etc. But it turns out my pc is clean and I still got some problems.

number 1:
    When I run a video from say, youtube, the video repetitively stops and goes into the buffing stall. I have to constantly right click on the video and stop the download, then start up the video from the stop it stopped at, if I want to finish watching a video. This usually starts at the 8 second or 10 seconds after a video starts playing.

I would like to know if uninstalling and then reinstalling adobe flash player may fix this issue.

If there is any other method that I may try, please help guide me through those steps.

number 2:
    I am having trouble downloading programs like malwarebytes, zonealarm fireware, etc. I know these programs, from their respected web sites, are legitimate. However, the scan my pc does of the downloads after the download is complete, prevents me from installing such programs. The reason is stated that the programs are found to be unsafe. I think its more of the filter on my pc for scans is bugging.

I want to know how do I disable, fix, and/or reinstall, the feature that scans programs and/or allows/prevents them from being installed on my pc.

number 3:
    This is basically the same problem as number 2, but this one has to do with windows updates. Yes, I have a legitimate copy of windows. Yes, I have been able to download and install updates in the past. I have recently installed, one at a time, optional updates via windows update window. However, when I was done doing that, none of the 3 important updates, was I able to install. The download would complete, and I would get an error, or the download would just get an error in the download part of the installation process.

I'm not sure where to start, or exactly what to do, or not to do. I would greatly like help in regards to these matters. I have already posted details of these issues with screen shots in the malware and virus thread of mine in regards to these things. So, if you would like further proof, I will have to either repost some information here, or refer to a specific post in my previous thread.

Thank you all to whom will help me out in regards to this matter. I look forward to receiving help and finally resolving these issues once and for all in a good way.

2. 2011/11/17
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Well the first thing I would start with is not installing Optional updates. I have never installed one in my life on any PC that I have had or do any of my friends do them. If they were really required, they would not be Optional.

What feature are you talking about:
    I want to know how do I disable, fix, and/or reinstall, the feature that scans programs and/or allows/prevents them from being installed on my pc

I don't see your system specs to see what you are running on your PC.
    What happens when you try to download MalwareBytes? Error Message or what? If you were in the malware section, I know that is one of the programs you are asked to run. Did you inquire there as to why you were having trouble downloading it?

The buffering from videos, could be from to many programs running in the background, slow connection speed, or other things.

Last edited: 2011/11/17

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/11/17
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

What was the outcome of Broni's suggestion in post #20

5. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/erroronwindowsupdateonw.png/

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats the one in regards to windows update. I tried the 3 important updates, and those are the errors I get.

I have a direct connection to my home modem; so a slow connection "should not" be the cause. Is uninstalling then reinstalling adobe flash player an option to do, or is that not even on the table?

Even when I am running close to nothing, the buff issue still shows up.

That feature I was refering to was the following that shows up on Internet explorer.

gotta restart, will post soon.

6. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/issuewithdownloadsonpcd.png/

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/issuewithdownloadsonpcd.png/

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/issuewithdownloadsonpcd.png/

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/issuewithdownloadsonpcd.png/

[​IMG]

If I try to install the malwarebytes program, after fullying uninstalling it, I get the message stating from when I run in from my downloads folder, "source file is currupted ".

Was able to install it. Should have run a scan, because once I tried to update the program, it ran into that error.

I'm not sure if the issue is that download filter that scans the download from internet explorer, but I want to see if disabling that would help.

Oh, and one other thing on the download filter. After uninstalling malwarebytes again, and trying to download it again and saving the file, I got this from the download display.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/issuewithdownloadsonpcd.png/

[​IMG]

the internet explorer program download scan filter shows that malwarebytes downloadable program is not safe. I know it is safe. I want to see if I can fix the issue with the download filter so that it does not see this program, or other ones, like zonealarm fire wall download program, as unsafe.

Oh, if those who are helping me out with these issues want, I'll show you what programs I have open, and you tell me what programs I should end, to test the speed of downloading and playing videos. Though, to be honest, after a video gets into the infinite loop part, even if the video downloads completely, (meaning the video bar fills up entirely), the loop still continues. Like I said before, only way to make the video continue is to right click and stop the download then restart the download. Personally, I do not mind uninstalling adobe flash player, then reinstalling it, if that is the problem.

7. 2011/11/17
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

OK, first off. Please stop posting images, text of the error and a description of your issues are enough. I don't have time to look at a dozen or so screen shots.

2nd, you are saying you have corrupted files, have you ran the manufacturers HD diagnostics on the drive?

Finally, Please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions!

8. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

http://www.windowsbbs.com/adding_system_specifications.html

Ok, it states that files are currupted, but when I followed the link to the "WindowsBBS Support Forum - Adding System Specifications to your Profile ", and then I click on the "System Information for Windows (SIW) ", the message I get after the publisher couldn't be confirmed is that the file is currupted.

How can a file be currupted, from a legitimate site, that was just downloaded?

I think there is a major problem with the part of the download verification process that is preventing such programs from downloading.

In addition, I did input my laptop pc's info already into the "System Specifications" window. What other information would you like?

http://www.windowsbbs.com/profile.php?do=extra

How do I run an "HD Diagnostic" on my laptop?

9. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

PC Make & ModelEnter your PC Make & model here.

MotherboardYour computer motherboard make & model.

ProcessorYour computer processor (CPU) details.

MemoryAmount of memory (RAM), and specifications (if you know).

Video CardMake & Model of your video card.

Hard Drive #1Make / Model of 1st physical Hard Drive.

Hard Drive #2Make / Model of 2nd physical Hard Drive.

Hard Drive #3Make / Model of 3rd physical Hard Drive.

Hard Drive #4Make / Model of 4rd physical Hard Drive.

Optical Drive #1Make / Model of 1st Optical Drive (CD/DVD).

Optical Drive #2Make / Model of 2nd Optical Drive (CD/DVD)

Power SupplyYour computer's PSU details.

Sound CardMake & Model of your sound card.

Does you computer have a floppy drive?
    Yes No

Which Internet connectivity do you have?
    Dial-up DSL/Cable Satellite Other

You are connected to the Internet:
    Directly (through modem) Via a Router Other

Monitor #1Make & Model of your Primary Display.

Monitor #2Make & Model of your Secondary Display.

Operating SystemYour Operating System (if dual booting, list all).

Your Operating System is:
    32-bit 64-bit

Just in case you can't see it, here.

What other information would you like from me? I would like to know what I may do to fix this issue of mine.

10. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

Manufacturer: eMachines, Model: eMachines E725

Computer: ACPI x64-based PC. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

3.00 GB

Display adapters: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Disk Drives: WDC WD2500BEVT-22ZCT0

DVD/CD-ROM drives: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S

Batteries: Microsoft AC Adapter, Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Cont. Method Batt

Sound, video and game controllers: Realtek High Definition Audio

No

DSL/Cable (directly to modem)

Monitors: Generic PnP Monitor

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

64 - bit

11. 2011/11/17
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

FK, you have provided no information, all you have done is post the field headings of the information we would require.

As far as showing your details you missed a step, clearly marked don't skip this in red.

Once you do this I can give advice on how to do your drive diagnostics but seriously I'm thinking you should maybe ask a more experienced friend/colleague to assist you in person.

EDIT: You need to run Western Digital's Data Lifeguard diagnostics on the drive but be careful and take head of my advice above.

12. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

Am I suppose to use the "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows" downloadable program for this step?

13. 2011/11/17
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

OK, I give up. Ask someone to help you on site. I am not prepared to talk you through something that could potentially brick your computer.

14. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

guess I'm stuck on this step until someone tells me the specific file to download.

Thank you for helping thus far. I didn't mean to annoy you, wildfire. I hope you have a good day.

15. 2011/11/17
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

No problem and you haven't annoyed me, I just feel that you need someone onsite to assist you that's all.

I have no wish to give you instructions that you misinterpret and cause your computer to be unusable.

16. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

Test Option: QUICK TEST
    Model Number: WDC WD2500BEVT-22ZCT0
    Unit Serial Number: WD-WX80A99N0847
    Firmware Number: 11.01A11
    Capacity: 250.06 GB
    SMART Status: PASS
    Test Result: PASS
    Test Time: 21:26:52, November 17, 2011

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
    Model Number: WDC WD2500BEVT-22ZCT0
    Unit Serial Number: WD-WX80A99N0847
    Firmware Number: 11.01A11
    Capacity: 250.06 GB
    SMART Status: PASS
    Test Result: PASS
    Test Time: 22:52:50, November 17, 2011

17. 2011/11/17
    Forsaken Knight

did that scan, first quick, then extended, the scan also had a "Write Zeros" option that I didn't do.

What should I do to fix the issue that the mere act of downloading a file of most kinds, lands into a problem? Is the problem adobe flash player? Is it something else? Is there a specific driver within my pc that deals with downloading that may be faulty? If so, how do I test this?

Could someone continue to please assist me upon this matter of mine?

18. 2011/11/18
    Forsaken Knight

You should see the system specs now.

I was able to try one of the setup installations for malwarebytes that I have in my downloads folder. Though, once I tried to update the program, which stated that my definitions were 78 days old, that an error would occur. After that, I couldn't run malwarebytes. I had to uninstall malwarebytes and then reinstall it. I was able to run both full and quick scans. Nothing was found in either scan.

As far as my background programs running, here is a screen shot of my task manager while in normal mode. I provide two links just in case one doesn't work. The link, and the forum code. The whole thing is in three parts.

Also, I know that a direct dsl cable to my modem shouldn't be slow, but I have to ask, what "other things" did you refer to?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/taskmanagerscreenshotdo.png/

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/taskmanagerscreenshotdo.png/

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/taskmanagerscreenshotdo.png/

[​IMG]

19. 2011/11/18
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I looked at some of the process that you have runing and the ones I looked at all seem legit. Don't know why some of them are showing walmart with them.

Yes, you can uninstall Flash and reinstall it. I use Revo Uninstaller FREE to do things like this. I let it do the registry then reinstall the program after a reboot.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Maybe somebody else can shed some more light on what is going on.

20. 2011/11/18
    Forsaken Knight

my mom bought this laptop from walmart. It was the laptop they had out for display for people to see and get a feel for the laptop. It was during a good advertised sale they had on this laptop for 300 dollars. I'll do what you just stated right now.

I would like to know why this issue is going on with my system as well.

21. 2011/11/18
    Forsaken Knight

Just to confirm before I do it, I uninstall the adobe flash player 11 activeX, right? then I go to the official adobe web site and reinstall the same thing? This is the program that has to do with online videos, such as those on youtube?