1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Issue with YouTube on Comodo Dragon.

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by VaCcAr0, 2013/11/21.

1. 2013/11/21
    VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    I use Comodo Dragon web browser but for some reason, i'm running into a bit of an issue when I go to YouTube on it (and it's only Comodo Dragon and only on my computer)

On YouTube you can select the video quality. This is what it is supposed to look like: http://postimg.org/image/tjuiiyz17/

But when I watch the same video on Comodo Dragon, this is what it looks like: http://postimg.org/image/c2xnt80ut/

So for some strange reason, it's not letting me select anything higher than 360p. But the thing is, when I use Comodo Dragon on another machine, it's fine and I have all those quality options. This is only happening on my home PC and only with Comodo Dragon. I know all my plugins and the browser itself is up to date so I have no idea why that's happening.

2. 2013/11/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Have you tried re-installing Comodo Dragon? Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/11/22
    VaCcAr0

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    No, I didn't re-install it.

But I just noticed that on some youtube videos I watch on Dragon it does give me all the youtube video quality options like it's supposed to but on others it doesn't. It's really weird.

5. 2013/11/23
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    echo $experienced;
    Not all Youtube videos have quality options. For example, if someone uploads a lower quality video, that video cannot be transformed into a higher quality video. Just like audios, videos can only be reduced in quality from the original. You cannot make gold out of lead.

6. 2013/11/23
    VaCcAr0

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    Right, I'm well aware of that. I'm of course talking about the videos that ARE uploaded in HD. For example. When I was watching a Marble Hornets video, it was giving me the 720p option but for some reason, when I was watching that AVGN video, it wasn't; even though I know the option was supposed to be there (As shown in the pictures in my first post)

Anyway, I uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to do the trick.