1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Island hopper

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RexB, 2008/06/16.

1. 2008/06/16
    RexB Lifetime Subscription

RexB groundskeeper Thread Starter

A "Introduce Yourself" section good.

I'm Rex, live on Whidbey, one of many islands in Puget Sound, and am currently the head groundskeeper and pooperscooper. Three dogs, two Amazons, one cat, and many wild critters living in the woods. I'm a basic welder, carpenter, tree trimmer, washing machine repair, window washer, . . . you get the idea.

Welcome everybody :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2008/06/16
    RexB,
  2. 2008/06/16
    yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass Inactive

Sounds idyllic! I should maybe have mentioned that I'm the chief pooperscooper around here too. I have 2 rescue dogs called Brillo and Daisy May and when I'm not playing about on the computer I'm playing with my dogs on the beach and in the North Yorkshire Forest. Blow the housework!

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/06/16

All the way across the pond we have something in common-live on islands and our dogs are rescues too from the local shelter. Had since ~8 weeks old and they think they're brothers and sisters.

Our weather's been trying to mimic England's too, we finally have sunshine (late) after 7 months of winter rains.

[​IMG]

RexB,
  5. 2008/06/16
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Ah... so I was in your neighborhood recently :D

Boy was it cold for April. Picture below is from Olympic Peninsula.

6. 2008/06/16

Nice pic, and you travelled far! again. The Olympics are beoootiful, and we've set a cold record in June too, 10F average below normal. I'm sitting by the computer's exhaust to stay warm.

RexB,
  7. 2008/06/16
    yorkshire lass

yorkshire lass Inactive

[​IMG]
    Not to be outdone-here is a photo of my rescue mutts, Brillo and Daisy! Sorry it's such a big picture , I couldn't get it smaller. It's very odd weather here, very warm and sunny (20C) one minute and cold (13C) and showery the next.

8. 2008/06/17

Brillo and Daisy are friendly looking critters, and must feel honored being displayed in the Tate Gallery at the National :)

To post the smaller "thumbnail" pics, in photobucket just put a check in the box by the image, go to the bottom of the page and check "Generate HTML and IMG code ", then copy the link in the box for "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended ".

That's exactly how our weather is going too, and seems outside of the normal Spring ups and downs. Summer starts in five days and we had hail last week, sheesh.

Last edited: 2008/06/17
    RexB,