1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Is there a log for missing files when running "sfc /scannow"?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by missmissy, 2004/07/30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/07/30
    missmissy

missmissy Inactive Thread Starter

When you do sfc/scannow and there are files missing is there a log somewhere that tells you what files where missing?

Thanks

2. 2004/07/30
    Newt

Newt Inactive

The details of what was found and what was done are in your event logs. start~run~eventvwr.msc and the system log I think but maybe the application log. Been a while since I looked and just don't remember for sure.

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/07/30
    missmissy

That does tell me that it ran but it doesn't say what files where missing. I will do some digging and see if I can find anything. I am searching through all the logs that where modified today right now.

Thanks

5. 2004/07/30
    charlesvar

charlesvar Inactive Alumni

If sfc didn't log anything there - in the system events, then it didn't replace anything.

Regards - Chalres

6. 2004/07/30
    missmissy

Ok I am just confused as to why it always tells me that I must put in my disk because it needs it.

It goes through the Please wait while Windows verifies that all the files are intact and in their original versions.

And then I get a pop up that tells me that tells me that files that are required for windows to run properly must be copied to the dll cache
    insert your windows xp professional service pack 1 cd into your cd rom ( I have windows xp home) I have tried to figure this out before and have given up.

I just got a pop up that said that I provided the wrong cd and to put in my pro cd. I popped my home in and retry and now it is running through the steps. And then it just ends.

I guess there is nothing wrong.

Thanks

7. 2004/07/30
    charlesvar

charlesvar Inactive Alumni

Its not a spectacularly informative program :)

Regards - Charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.