1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Is Huawei a Good Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by felicityblue, 2018/06/22.

1. 2018/06/22
    felicityblue

felicityblue Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello everyone! I'm just curious I've been reading on the internet that Huawei is also good like Samsung and iPhone. I would want to hear your views.

2. 2018/06/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Personal choice. I have 4 Huawei smart phones (Ideos Models) which I moved to from my original Motorola then Nokia.
    We changed from CDMA in NZ to GSM and now have moved from 2G - 3G and now 4G is available in some areas.
    I changed to Samsung S4 Galaxy GTi9500/i9505/i9506 models which I have found to be very versatile.

I have "rooted" 2 i9505's and installed Android version 7 (Nougat) on them and currently use the i9506 model with Nougat as my main phone.
    These phones originally started with Android version 4 (KitKat) in 2013 and were upgarded by Samsung and most Telcos to Android 5 (Lollipop).
    As you can see I have upgraded mine to Android 7 (by rooting the phone) and I have gained all the benefits of newer model phones.

The newest Samsungs come with Android 8 (Oreo) and my S4 models will be able to be ROMMED to that version OK.
    I have done this rather than throw away a very versatile model phone which in all cases I had purchased from a NZ website like EBay for around $40.00.
    The phones were being sold cheap because the owners had broken the screens and had replaced the phones under the Telcos Plan.
    My reason for using Samsung S4 is because they are a model that is easy to disassemble and easy to get parts for.
    I spend around $100.00 for a new LCD/Digitizer screen assembly and voila I have virtually a new phone.

Naturally if you ask me which phone to buy - I would say Samsung every time. I'm a very happy user with previous experience to boot.
    Huawei would be my 2nd choice.

iPhones cannot be repaired easily by users. You pay a higher initial cost for the phone and you had in the past to pay for IOS upgrades.
    If the iPhone battery goes dead - you need to take it to an authorized repairer to get the new battery installed as it also involves them resetting a special code to Reset the phone.
    This was around $120.00 NZD compared to me buying a Samsung Battery for $18.00 and installing it myself in seconds.

Hope my long writeup gives you some thoughts to work on.;)

virginia likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/06/23
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member

RL,
    Nice post. I too am in the market for a smart phone - currently using TracFone Motorola brick. Some good stuff here.

5. 2018/07/02
    felicityblue

felicityblue Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for dropping some information about smartphones. I'm actually interested to try a Huawei P20 lite.