1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

IrDA port with Nokia Mobile phone

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jonred, 2002/01/07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/07
    jonred

jonred Inactive Thread Starter

Running win98 with 100MB RAM 366 Celeron processor (OK an oldish system but it has been very reliable). Have latest BIOS for Motherboard (Pine Group) and latest drivers for IrDA device and Nokia 8210 'phone. Immediately after installing mobile phone software, it works but within 2 or 3 re-boots it stops recognising the 'phone. The only thing I haven't been able to update is irenum.vxd (version 2224 is the latest) which is only available through MS whose support guys tell me won't solve the problem.

Any ideas what to look for next - apart from buying a new machine that is!

2. 2002/01/07
    DoctorDoom

DoctorDoom Inactive

Have you tried upgrading irenum.vxd anyway despite MS' opinions? If they were omniscient in Redmond, there wouldn't all those patches and updates.

Version 2222 is available here if need be.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/08
    jonred

irenum.vxd

ver 2222 came with my version of win98se (I think) but you're right - i'll download a new version and try that.

5. 2002/01/09
    jonred

irda etc

Well refreshing irenum.vxd with the copy on the bbs did nothing for me. I am going to see if the supplier of the irda port will exchange it for another (just in case the hardware is suspect). The one I had was from IRExpress - anyone have any experience with other ports which might be more effective?

Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.