1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DBullock, 2008/12/05.

1. 2008/12/05
    DBullock

DBullock Guest Thread Starter

Hi, Folks! To make a long story short I used to post as 'bullock' but had numerous IE problems for the longest so couldn't surf. When I finally solved the problems (was given another computer by son:)), I tried coming here only to find a message it had been too long and for security reasons to contact someone in order to get back in. That message disappeared so I decided the simpliest thing to do would be to re-register. I loved coming here when I either had a problem or wanted to simply surf the questions to garner new computer knowledge. Hopefully, I'll absorb enough to keep THIS IE working and not get another 'pink slip'.<G> Thanks for being here for everyone's benefit. It's a great place for computer help!

2. 2008/12/05
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Instead of registering a new account, you should follow the instructions & get your old account back.

When you log in to your old account it'll show you what to do!

It is against our policies to hold multiple accounts.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/12/05
    DBullock

Then can you delete the previous one for me? When I log in this is the one that shows up. I don't even know how to get to the older one---it said it had been a year and to contact someone. That info is gone now. If it's a problem, just delete both.

Debbie

5. 2008/12/05
    Admin.

I assume this is your old account?

6. 2008/12/05
    DBullock

No, this is the new one I had to set up because I couldn't get into the other one. When-after a long time away-I came to the forum I got the usual "You are viewing this webpage as a guest.." or something similar. I remembered the username was 'bullock' and even remembered the password but then I got the popup that I hadn't visited in a year so for security's sake to contact admin or someone. The only difference was that then I used 'bullock' and now I use "DBullock ". Email is the same, password's the same, etc.- just couldn't get into the other one for some reason. I would have thought that I'd receive a message when trying for a second one that this email was already connected with another account but I didn't get anything but a confirmation. That lead me to believe that the older one was defunct.

Debbie

7. 2008/12/05
    Admin.

8. 2008/12/05
    DBullock

Hmmm. I'm totally lost, now. Up at the top it says in blue "Welcome DBullock" and above the 'inactive' it says 'bullock'. So, you tell me. I'm perfectly happy with your deleting the first one. Or if that's a problem to seperate you can delete both and I'll register a new account again. Whatever you think best. It's starting to give me a headache.:)

Debbie

9. 2008/12/05
    Admin.

Click Log Out.

Click this link: http://www.windowsbbs.com/profile.php?do=editpassword

Enter the User Name bullock & the password for that account.

On the next screen, re-enter the password & change the email address to your current email address.

The current email address listed on that account is dead.

You will get an activation notice, and when activated can continue using your account.

I will change your current email address on your DBullock account so you can use that address on the original account. When you've changed it, I will delete this (DBullock) account.

Believe me, if you had just followed the instructions you see when you log into the bullock account it would have been much more easy. I have several people each day requesting re-activation of old user accounts.

10. 2008/12/06
    DBullock

Sorry for all the trouble.

11. 2008/12/06
    Admin.

No problem, but this could have been much less painful.

Please now reactivate the old account.