1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

IE5 Disconnects

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by Lou Houck, 2002/01/09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/09
    Lou Houck

Lou Houck Inactive Thread Starter

Great To have you back! My IE 5.0 disconnects for no obvious reason. When I go to one particular web site, it always disconnects. But at other times it seems to be random. It has even dropped out as it is connecting to my faithful WindowsBBS.
    Any ideas? Thanks for your always spot on help.

Lou Houck

2. 2002/01/09
    shadowhawk

shadowhawk Inactive

It's not the browser itself. It's likely a problem with your dialup program, your modem or maybe the phone lines. You could try uninstalling/reinstalling DUN, or deleting/reinstalling your modem. You could also check your phone connection and see if you have a loose jack. I have a loose phone jack and I think it causes me a lot of grief. Also, make sure there's no static on your phone line, as this can cause connection problems. Lastly, you could call your phone company and have them look at your phone lines. Your lines could be real old and not really up to the task of moving data around the Net.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/09
    eddie5659

eddie5659 Inactive

Hiya

As well as checking the phone lines, you may want to scan your system for any trojans:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Also, go here and download AddAware www.lavasoftusa.org
    Install and run it. ensuring Deep Registry Scan is enabled. Remove all except any references to Web3000 or new.net. If you're unsure, copy/paste the list here.

Whilst you're there, get RefUpdate. Install and run it to get the latest updates.

Regards

eddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.