1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved IE Page goes dead, 1 click back to life.

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by dennisneff, 2015/02/20.

1. 2015/02/20
    dennisneff

dennisneff Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I am running IE Ver. 11.0.9600.17416 updated ver. 11.0.14, on Win 8.1.

For the last few weeks, any time I open IE, after a couple of seconds the page will go dead. The boarder, normally a green background on my setup, will turn gray and the scroll on the mouse won't work. All I have to do is click the mouse once and the page comes back to life and everything works fine again.

It only seems to do this when I open a site or switch pages, but it does it every time. Any ideas?

Also, how do I get the W and A to stop Automatically capitalizing on while typing these posts? Too much extra Work.:) TIA

Dennis

2. 2015/02/22
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Try deleting all Temporary Internet Files.

The W and A thing sounds like a keyboard settings problem or a browser add-on setting. As far as I know there's no function in the editor window here that auto-capitalizes letters.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/02/22
    dennisneff

Thanks Tony, I already deleted all temporary I.E. files to solve a "flash ghost page" problem which I posted here, which worked, but it didn't solve this problem which I have had even longer. I might try it Again even though it messes-up all my pass words, etc.

The auto caps problem does come from some add-on spell checker, I just can't find it and couldn't find it in the edit window here either. Thanks anyway.

Dennis

5. 2015/02/23
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

You don't have to delete the form info and passwords, uncheck those when deleting the Temp Internet files.

It's quite possible some add-ons you have are malicious or of questionable nature. I suggest starting a thread in the malware forum and get a "check up" done.

Read this post, then post the requested log(s) in the Malware and Virus Removal forum.

6. 2015/02/23
    dennisneff

Thanks Tony,

I realized that I had checked the boxes last time. Did it right this time, but still no joy. with either problem. I'm in mind to do an uninstall and reinstall of I.E. to see if that corrects the problem as this happens on all I.E. pages. Does that make sence? If so I'll download a copy of IE to a temp folder, before doing the uninstall. TIA

Dennis

7. 2015/02/23
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You can't uninstall IE. It will just revert back to an earlier version. If you have 11, it will revert back to 10. Then you have to update it to get 11 back.

8. 2015/02/23
    dennisneff

Mr. Bill,
    Thanks for that info, I'm beginning to Wonder if I'm looking at this from the right angle.

I notice that if there is a video running in a window on the page when it opens, an ad for example, it continues running, while the rest of the page pauses until I click the mouse cursor on the page. I Wonder if this problem could be origionating from my keyboard. Can you think of anything that would cause IE to pause? TIA

Dennis

9. 2015/02/23
    MrBill

dennisneff likes this.
  10. 2015/02/23
    dennisneff

Thanks Mr. Bill, I installed AdBlocker Plus and sites like CNN and ESPN look a lot cleaner now. I've still got the pause, problem though. I timed it and it always happens just under four seconds after opening any site with I.E.

11. 2015/02/23
    MrBill

Disable all your Add-ons in IE and see if that helps. If it does, enable the ones that you want enabled one at a time. I like to reboot after doing any of the steps above. May not make a difference, but I am old school and hard headed. :)

dennisneff likes this.
  12. 2015/02/24
    dennisneff

OK Mr. Bill, You are DA MAN!,

I had never gotten into Add-On Manager before, but, thanks to you, I'm am now. I print screened all the catagories, just in case, and started disabling. The very first thing I disabled, HP I Smart Print Helper, which I added right about the time I remember the pausing problem starting, was the problem. After rebooting, the problem was completely gone. Thanks a ton.

I also took the opportunity to disable the ieSpell, but Work still capitalizes as you see, but I got rid of some junk and now only have necessary stuff enabled. Test - with, Watch, would, Wonder, wuss, which, window, Water, win, wort, Word, Again, ago, age, and, add, -- crazy what?

Thanks Again,

Dennis