1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

IE 11 Losing Connection With Server

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by dennisneff, 2014/11/26.

1. 2014/11/26
    dennisneff

dennisneff Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I am running IE Ver. 11.0.9600.17416 updated ver. 11.0.14, on Win 8.1.

For the past several months, at first only on ESPN, but now on general local sites, the browser would stop working and a box would appear on the middle of the screen saying IE has developed a problem and is trying to find a solution, with some animation working in the box, with no solution ever being found.

More receintly, when the browser freezes I get a long yellow horizontal box at the bottom of the screen saying that connection with the site has been lost and the program will try to regain it, which will usually happen after 20 seconds or so, and then the browser will Loose it again. I have 60 /20 mb of broadband which tests out at listed speed so do not think data is an issue.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone or is it just time for an IE clean out and reinstall and if that is the case, how do I go about it. Thank for any help you can give me. As it is, if I can't get this straightened out I'm going to look for another browser.

Dennis

2. 2014/11/26
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I got that with 10 and 11 in Win 7 and 8. Goes days and no problems. Then sometimes a couple of times a day. I haven't found a solution and evidently MS hasn't either.

dennisneff likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/11/26
    dennisneff

Thanks Mr. Bill,

At first, I thought I'd picked-up a virus, or that it was something specific to living abroad as I live in Copenhagen, Denmark. Origionally it only happened on ESPN, but as I use it every morning to check out all the scores and sports happenings, it is a real pain. And it happens ALL THE TIME.

Then tonight while making an appointment on a local doctor's site it did it. So it's time to take some action. Let's hope someone else has had better luck than us with this and can help us out.

5. 2014/11/26
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Same here. Keep on getting weird errors off and on while FF works fine. Since IE is not my primary browser, I haven't bothered.

6. 2014/11/26
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi dennisneff. I would try starting IE with no add-ons and see if the same behavior occurs.

To run IE with no add-ons click Start< Run and type iexplore.exe -extoff and hit enter.

dennisneff likes this.
  7. 2014/11/27
    dennisneff

rsinfo,

What browser do you use as your primary and is it with Win 8.0 or 8.1. Looking for an alternative to IE, just in case, even if it's just as a secondary for the ESPN site, which is the only one I have real problems with, but visit several times a day. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Last edited: 2014/11/27
  8. 2014/11/27
    dennisneff

Thanks Evan,

This sounds like a start. I'll give it a try later today and see if the problem goes away, than let you know.

Dennis

9. 2014/11/27
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I have been there done that. I go to the same places everyday. Makes no difference. Even on 7 with a roll back to IE 10 and then update does no good.

10. 2014/11/28
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Dennis, I use FF as the default browser with tons of addons. Using Win 8.1 64 bit.

The IE crash is not tied to a specific site but can crop randomly on any site.