1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

I/O ERROR 32 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by reknaw, 2009/03/08.

1. 2009/03/08
    reknaw

reknaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm running WIN XP Home SP3. I've started getting a regular pop-up message as follows:

"An error was encountered while trying to decrypt the program configuration: I/O error 32 "

Some one suggested scanning with RegCure trial edition.... I did this and was shocked that it said I had 1220 Errors... I did not pay for the full version to have them "fixed" ..... I use a regular PCTools Optimizer daily, Ad-Aware & SpyBot so was a little surprised/suspicious of the ReCure results.

Anyone have a solution they can share with me...please ???:confused:

2. 2009/03/09
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Check your Application and System logs for errors.

Open Event Viewer: Start > Run and type eventvwr.msc, click OK.

You can double click on any error for more details, and there is also a button to copy the error to your clipboard for easy copying & pasting.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/03/10
    reknaw

reknaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks Arie, I'll keep that on file. Actually, I manage to gix it by using System Restore and going back a week.... so far so good.... fixed another stupid pop up I had started getting as well.