1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Hyperlinks not working

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rikki, 2015/08/07.

1. 2015/08/07
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

While discovering Win 10 and working on other things, I did something to kill my hyperlinks. Any url I click on in any program other than my browser now does nothing at all. Before these links worked correctly and would open the corresponding web page in the default browser but now they don't work. I'm sure this is due to something I did, but I can't find the answer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have checked that the (Chrome) browser is set to default. I also tried Edge, with the same result. What has happened to my hyperlinks?

2. 2015/08/07
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Search for the "Default Program" setting.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/07
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

That wasn't it but I did finally find the answer. The problem was caused by Windows not properly uninstalling a browser program. One part of it said the program was gone, but other parts thought it was still there so the hyperlinks were being directed to a dead end. I had to reinstall and uninstall the program several times in different locations to finally clear things up.