1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Hyperlink link in Outlook 2003 opens home page

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by cspgsl, 2016/07/13.

1. 2016/07/13
    cspgsl Lifetime Subscription

cspgsl Geek Member Thread Starter

I have Outlook 2003 and when I click on a link in an email an Locate Link Browser dialog box appeared. I did some searching and found that pointing it to iexplore.exe would open Internet Explorer - as it did in Win 7 before the upgrade.

Now the problem is, it only opens the home page (Google) and not the page that the link wants to open. For example, I want to open a link to an Interac payment someone sent me so I can log in and accept it.

What do I do to get this to work correctly?

Thanks

2. 2016/07/13
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I would make sure in Windows 10 settings, Default Programs, IE is selected.

If that does not work, I found this. You can manually edit the Registry, or click the link under Do It For Me.

Keep us posted.

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/07/13
    cspgsl Lifetime Subscription

cspgsl Geek Member Thread Starter

Thanks
    IE was set as default and I found the page you linked to and added the value but, the link only opens the browsers home page and not the page in the link. When I clicked on the Do it for me link, it started working. Strange....