1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[HP officejet 6500A no longer prints, reporting wrong paper size]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by hpgorg, 2012/06/30.

1. 2012/06/30
    hpgorg

hpgorg Inactive Thread Starter

I have a Dell PC running Windows 7 Home and a HP officejet 6500A printer. The printer has worked fine for two years. Now, it will not print. It keeps telling me that the paper size is wrong. It is checked as default printer. I checked all of the printer settings, as well as the settings in Word or Excel. All are set on letter size paper and I keep getting the error on the printer and PC for wrong size paper. It will print a paper from the HP software so I think the problem is in the computer or windows. I also uninstalled the HP printer program and reinstalled it. Same problem.

2. 2012/07/06
    marylorrene

marylorrene Inactive

I really hope someone has an answer for this, having the same problem. Really disliking this printer at the moment...

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/07/07
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

5. 2012/07/08
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I've had a 6500 for a few years now and love it, but did have this problem 3 times. The solution the first time was to unplug the 6500 for a couple minutes and plug it back in. The second time, I took the 6500 outside and blasted it out with my air compressor where I saw a couple tiny pieces of paper come out from somewhere. Not sure that was it, but it worked after that. The 3rd time showed up when I was printing with Microsoft Word. Printing through anything else was fine. :confused: I finally discovered that my default template in Word got changed somehow (me not paying attention, I am sure) and called for an envelope to be printed as the first page of every doc. With no envelope in the tray, I got a size mismatch. Reset the default template and no problems since.

Aligning the Printheads worked here.

Bill,