1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved How to view several windows simultaneously

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Soloist, 2017/08/05.

1. 2017/08/05
    Soloist

Soloist Well-Known Member Thread Starter

How can I view several windows at the same time?, e.g. if I open my doc's window and then a folder within, that works fine, I can see both, but if I open another folder from within the second folder, the second folder disappears (although it is available from the taskbar) but I occasionally need to see all three windows on the screen at the same time. Is this possible? I have tried Tools/Folder Options/Open each folder in its own window. XP Service pack 3.
    Thanks if you can help.
    Soloist.

2. 2017/08/05
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/08/06
    Soloist

Soloist Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks SpywareDr, that works but the new window is a long way back in My Computer, so I have to go through the same steps again to get to the folder I want. However, although not perfect, it solves the problem. Through trial and error I have found another way of solving the issue which is to click on the interested folders in turn and choose Tile Vertically or Tile Horizontally by right clicking on the group in the taskbar.
    Many thanks for your help, this is now solved.
    Soloist.

5. 2017/08/06
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member