1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [How to uninstall ParetLogic?]

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by BobbyScot, 2016/01/31.

1. 2016/01/31
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

I down loaded a software named ParetLogic, finding it unsuitable, immediately uninstalled from computer. However, each time that I cold start computer, ParetLogic wants to install. Each time this happens and checking the Registry, find it again shows under "Current User - Software" even after previous removal. No trace of ParetLogic appears in computer other than the Registry. Is there a procedure to erase this error permanently?

2. 2016/01/31
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Delete that reference to the program in the registry. Then in the Start Search Box type in msconfig.exe click on the Startup tab if it is listed there uncheck the entry click apply an ok. Restart when prompted. You can completely remove it form the list if it's listed in msconfig.exe through the registry H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run. In the right pane look for the entry right click on it and select delete then click on ok. To close the registry hive keys highlight the Run key in the left pane the hold down the left arrow key.

lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/31
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Bobby. Please follow steps 16-26 in my guide and post the logs here in your next reply.

5. 2016/01/31
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

Thanks for responses. All references have been removed from the Registry that refers to ParetoLogic. So far this reference has not again been displayed at cold start of computer. I certainly would not recommend this software to anyone.

6. 2016/01/31
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Great job. Would you consider the thread as Resolved.

lj50,