1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How To Increase Exchange server 2003 Attachment Size????

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by keyer, 2005/01/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/01/12
    keyer

keyer Inactive Thread Starter

Greetings!

How do we increase the size of attachments for emails on Exchange 2003?

The default is set to 10MB. I can watch the Queue and see the email come in and become returned to sender cause its over 10MB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tia,

Kevin

2. 2005/01/12
    DesireeChance

DesireeChance Inactive

this could be determined from two different locations. The first place to look would be the SMTP connector that you are using to deliver and receive Internet mail. On the properties of this, on the Content Restrictions tab, there is an option to set to "Only messages less than (KB) ". Alternatively, you can check the SMTP virtual server that this Internet connector is bound to... you can find that information on the General tab of the SMTP connector where it says Local Bridgeheads. Browse to that server and expand protocols and find SMTP. open up the properties of that SMTP virtual server and look at the Messages tab. you have the option here to limit the size of messages as well.

HOpe this helps.

Best regards

Desiree

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/01/12
    keyer

keyer Inactive Thread Starter

Hi Desiree,

Thanks for the help! I have done what you have mentioned and now i am waiting to see if a message is coming through. I am not sure if I have to stop-restart exchange services to apply this?

I have tried sending a message around 15MB...still not getting it.

5. 2005/01/12
    Scott Smith

Scott Smith Inactive Alumni

You didnt mention if this box was handeling SMTP itself.

But in normal situations.
    Active Directory, User properties, Exchange General tab, Delivery options.
    As shown below.

Dont forget the size is in Kilobytes.

6. 2005/01/12
    Rothgar

Rothgar Inactive

Remember if you are sending an e-mail out, you may have enabled it to allow sending of 15MB e-mails however most sites will have a limit of around that much, also places like hotmail only allow 1MB e-mails, so it may vary from place to place. 10MB is the standard Exchange limit.

Regards,
    Jason

7. 2005/01/13
    Scott Smith

Scott Smith Inactive Alumni

I pay the 59 bucks a year for 20 meg e mails and 20 gig of space. :p :p

8. 2005/01/13
    DesireeChance

DesireeChance Inactive

If you are sending the message *from* this server, enabling logging on the SMTP virtual server ( I prefer NCSA format cuz you get more understandable data) and then watching the log files would show you a lot. If you are sending this 15mb message from another messaging source, sometimes different orgs put rules on their SMTP traffic to process large messages during certain times. but watching the logs in this instance would also be helpful.

Best regards

Desiree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.