1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to get Outlook 365 to poll for email

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by elcajongunsfan, 2018/01/27.

1. 2018/01/27
    elcajongunsfan Lifetime Subscriber

elcajongunsfan Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Office 365, one year subscription running on a Dell Inspiron 64 bit Win 10 machine.

I can't find the setting to poll for new email when starting Outlook. To receive email I have to hot F9 or either click on send/receive all folders

Anybody know?

Thanks

2. 2018/01/28
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Click on FILE-> Advanced-> Send and Received-> you should see the "send Immediately when connected" box.

Right next to that you should see a send/receive button where you can adjust how often it sends/receives.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/01/28
    elcajongunsfan Lifetime Subscriber

elcajongunsfan Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Thanks, I've already explored that option and it didnt make a difference. I believe "send" means send out any email that is waiting to be sent. But if there is nothing, it appears you still have to manually
    do send/receive