1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to deal with Windows 7 download

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bikerpaul, 2009/01/24.

1. 2009/01/24
    bikerpaul

bikerpaul Inactive Thread Starter

I downloaded Windows 7 and then ran 7-Zip, which put another file in my documents folder. What do I do now?

2. 2009/01/24
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Did you download the Windows 7 beta from Microsoft - as you should have done? I think the download window closes today - 24th January.

The download is a .iso file - an image file which must be burnt to DVD to provide an installation DVD. This is achieved using your DVD burning software to 'Burn Image'.

In Nero the route is Recorder > Burn Image. Other burning software may differ in the menu locations.

Installing the Windows 7 Beta

You would be unwise to install Windows 7 on a mission critical computer - if you only have one computer that is mission critical. A clean install is preferred to an upgrade which requires Vista to already be installed, but you can create a new hard drive partition and install it in a dual boot configuration.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/01/27
    bikerpaul

bikerpaul Inactive Thread Starter

Thank you, it worked.

5. 2009/01/27
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

You're welcome - enjoy :)