1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to change the default datetime format for Windows Server 2003 Standard?

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by miltongoh, 2008/02/27.

1. 2008/02/27
    miltongoh

miltongoh Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,

As per the topic, I need to know how to change the default or the master datetime format for Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.

My problem is as such.

- Have installed Coldfusion 5.0 on a Windows 2003 Server and have configured the part on the Web service extensions.

- One of the coldfusion program/application that is needed to be migrated from another server which is running Windows 2000.

- Encountered problem such as the datetime that is passed to the application when clients view on their workstations is different.

- My program take in dd/MM/yyyy but however it seems like the server is always default to M/d/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy.

So, how can i change the default setting so that it will apply to the user account IUSR or across all accounts that is used on the server?

2. 2008/02/27
    ReggieB

ReggieB Inactive Alumni

You can change the default date format via Region and Language Options in Control Panel - the same way you do it for XP.

However, as a fellow sufferer of the stupid U.S. date format issues, I will not guarantee that this will solve the problem. Microsoft systems are developed in the U.S where the perverse mm/dd/yyyy format is preferred. No matter what you set the regional and language settings, Microsoft systems will often fall back on what they know and revert to demented mm/dd/yyyy format. I had an Excel macro that as I stepped through it, a date changed format over one step. Set up a watch, step through the code a line at a time and at one point month and day would flip causing all sorts of problems.

Unfortunately, while the U.S. continues to spawn systems using their demonic date format, those of us believers in the truth that is the logical dd/mm/yyyy format will continue to suffer these annoyances and have to write code that catch these instances.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/02/27
    miltongoh

miltongoh Inactive Thread Starter

Argh.. But I have tried to change the setting at the Region thingy @ control panel side. It doesn't seem to be updating.

Is it true that if I change, it will only be temporary for the user session only.?

5. 2008/02/27
    ReggieB

ReggieB Inactive Alumni

If the user has admin rights, it shouldn't just be for the session. However, it may only affect that user, so you may need to check the account your application is using to run.