1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved How to block certain email [in Outlook.com]

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by andsaw, 2017/01/04.

1. 2017/01/04
    andsaw

andsaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have the standard outlook email, i have tried to block certain email addresses but it don't seem to work, i have tried different methods but doesn't seem to work very well, i have an example where in the attachment.
    In the top left hand corner shows the green circle is from info@e.wowcher.co.uk, so i enter the address in to the blocked senders in options, add and save, but still comes through to inbox, i have tried the info@aldi.co.uk and that doesn't work, i tried using the costa <info@aldi.co.uk> but comes up with cant add as its the wrong format or wrong domain, i never had this problem before microsoft changed the format, just to add i never asked for anything from wowcher, so how do i solve this and hopefully for future junk that goes to inbox.

(reminder sent 02/03/2017)

Attached Files:

• aldi.png
      aldi.png
      File size:
      209.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: 2017/02/03
  2. 2017/01/04
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

- your screenshot suggests outlook.com NOT MS Office Outlook so I have edited your thread title.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/01/04
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

In the INBOX - if you right click do you see a Junk Mail option that you can select?

5. 2017/01/04
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

6. 2017/01/05
    andsaw

Thanks for editing title PeteC, Steve R Jones, there is no junk mail option when you right click in the inbox, only in the top header, and all that does is move it to junk box but doesn't stop them coming back, SpywareDr, that video is the old format and that was easier to work with, they have changed it a while back, but in theory that is what i did, add the the offending domain but still come through to inbox, usually with a different company all using the same as in the screenshot, eg, ariel, costa etc.

7. 2017/01/05
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

1) The only way to stop someone from sending you email is to somehow disable them from doing so.

2) SPAMming software allows a spammer to use whatever email address they like in the "From" field.

3) If Outlook.com isn't doing it for you, Gmail.com is a good alternative.

8. 2017/02/04
    andsaw

Sorted, i found an entry in safe senders and safe mailing lists when i was on holiday, deleted them an hayho they stopped, god knows how they got there, because i never added to the lists.

9. 2017/02/04
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Great stuff - thanks for the update.