1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How remove picture at startup?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BobbyScot, 2016/10/20.

1. 2016/10/20
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

In Windows 10 Personalise>Your account picture> there are several oval pictures shown. Is there a procedure to remove all except the main larger picture.

2. 2016/10/20
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hmmm, not sure what you mean by "oval" picture. I am assuming you have multiple user accounts on that computer, is that right? I don't have any ovals on the two PCs I just checked but they only have one user. My laptop has two ovals in the lower left but it has 2 users. I don't see how to get rid of them.

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/10/20
    BobbyScot

Sorry for not being clearer. Cold start displays on screen, an oval (round) picture of myself taken with Win camera (Web camera) and saved in the Personalising page, under Settings (Systems). Pictures that I would like to remove, are shown beside the main picture but smaller oval shape (round) in the Account setting page . All four picture where taken at different times but only require the main picture as shown in the opening screen before desktop icons are displayed.

5. 2016/10/20
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Bill likes this.
  6. 2016/10/21
    BobbyScot

Hello retiredlearner, this is exactly what I required, many thanks, Bobby.

7. 2016/10/21
    Bill

Hmmm, this is odd. I too had an old image but on the log in screen I only saw the current one. But going through that link and tutorial I saw the second and deleted it. Thanks for that link Neil. :)

Bill,
  8. 2016/10/21
    BobbyScot

Hello Neil, on the same line can you please help. In Settings>Lock Screen>Choose a picture -- I find among the Picture Scenes, a picture similar to one appearing in previous topic. How can I remove this Picture (Photograph) and leave Scenes intact. Thanks Bobby.
    Login screen: Picture remains to be displayed but was deleted using the procedure suggested.

Last edited: 2016/10/21
  9. 2016/10/21
    retiredlearner

Why Bobby? If you did remove that photo, I think your Start screen photo would disappear as well. If you remove any of the scenes = you would not be able to display that scene. It is the "Master" copy of your photo.

10. 2016/10/22
    BobbyScot

Neil, there are for scene pictures that Win 10 installed and in addition a portrait photo not relevant to Win 10. This part does not relate to the other procedure carried out. As the picture still shows at boot up, it must also be saved in another section of Win 10 install. Main reason to remove these unrelated photos is of there makeup quality.

11. 2016/10/23
    retiredlearner

Where are these 'scenes' located? Start > Settings > Personalization? > Themes? Under Theme settings there are Windows Default Themes which cannot be deleted. If you show under My Themes - Right click on the Theme and Delete. Please clarify if I'm not on your page. Neil.

12. 2016/10/24
    BobbyScot

Neil, you are certainly correct. Under the Scenes Windows default appears a photograph, which certainly is not part of Win 10 default, photo is of a friend who sent it to me via an e-mail. Certainly the photo causes no mishaps, if clicked it replaces my photo on the startup screen and also this photo can not be deleted as noted above previous Topic. What is required, to remove both photos in question, if that is possible. Thanks Bobby..

13. 2016/10/24
    retiredlearner

Sounds like a mis-direction from your email. If you Right click on my Avatar - a Menu opens and 12 down says Email Image and the next one says Set as Desktop background. This may be the way the photo ended up in Themes. I think a Registry tweak is possibly the only way to remove that photo entry from Themes. "If it ain't broke" is my best advice at this point as I don't profess to have the knowledge for making changes in the Registry.:eek: Sorry Bobby.:oops:o_O

14. 2016/10/25
    BobbyScot

Bill, I always appreciate your advice and in this case both photos cause no problems with day to day running of the computer. Messing with the Registry can cause more headaches than cure. Thanks, Bobby.

15. 2016/10/25
    Bill

Ummm, I think you meant Neil but I agree, messing with the Registry can cause more headaches - IF you are not careful. It is not something I ever recommend lightly because changes in the Registry are immediate. But for sure, the vast majority of the time those changes can easily be undone by "importing" the backup of the Registry you "exported" before you made any changes!

16. 2016/10/25
    BobbyScot

Bill, sorry lack in my concentration down to age.

17. 2016/10/25
    Bill

Not a problem. I suffer from GCF (geriatric cranial flatulence) a lot myself!