1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How can I bind a keyboard shortcut to a program?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by psaulm119, 2016/09/21.

1. 2016/09/21
    psaulm119 Lifetime Subscription

psaulm119 Geek Member Thread Starter

I just installed Copernic desktop search, and want Win+S to let me search in that program. Instead, Windows thinks I want to search in the Windows search program. Is there a way to allow me to make the switch? I thought of using another shortcut, like Win+F, but that option isn't allowed in Copernic.

2. 2016/09/21
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Most programs allow you to use F3, or Ctrl-f to search. Try that.

Otherwise, you will have to see if your keyboard has programmable keys. Many do, many don't.

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/09/21

F3 doesn't work. Ctrl+F will search in whatever program is open at the moment.

I didn't notice anything about programmable keys in this keyboard. I will see if the lenovo forums has anything on this.

5. 2016/09/21

well its not the end of the world if I can't get this. There is an optional toolbar that sits in the taskbar. I suppose I can always just click in the field in that, although I really am used to just hitting the Windows key. I was hoping to use Windows +S, but I can certainly adjust to clicking in that toolbar.