1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Hi everybody willing to share experience

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hpdjnetiskami, 2010/10/17.

1. 2010/10/17
    hpdjnetiskami

hpdjnetiskami Inactive Thread Starter

I am a retired naval architect, familiar with use of some more or less specific PC tools, using XP SP3 and Win7 Ultimate. I thought it may be wise :cool:to get familiar with Win7, so I installed it on a separate partition of the same PC. But many problems started:mad:, so I prefer to use XP.

2. 2010/10/18
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Welcome to WindowsBBS.

Windows XP belongs in a museum :D

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/10/19
    RichterScale3

RichterScale3 Inactive

I most prefer Windows XP. I think it is the epitome of a friendly user interface.

5. 2010/10/19
    hpdjnetiskami

I agree.
    I am not a comp freak, I use it for other interesting and useful functions. Most of my tools do operate successfully on this platform and I cant effort spending large sums for buying new tool operating on Win 7.

6. 2010/10/20
    Arie

There are only a few things that work on Windows XP that won't work on Windows 7.

Arie,
  7. 2010/10/20
    RichterScale3

RichterScale3 Inactive

I adopt the new operating systems very slowly; about three years behind the new releases.
    When XP came out, I stuck with Win95 for years before upgrading. Now I have grown into XP and when I look at Windows 95, it looks so simple now.

Arie, you have me wondering now, . . .
    What are the consessions we have to accept when adopting Windows 7 ?

8. 2010/10/20
    hpdjnetiskami

I would quite agree - and so do my friends, more experienced in SW. Because of my bad experience with that USB printing support, where presumably just an update switched the settings, provoking some month for me to discover the catch, it is advisable to be suspicious. I suspect that MS & HP experts knew the snare, but they did not write the solution explicitly.

9. 2010/10/21
    Arie

I wouldn't even know. It has been SOOOO long ago I used Windows XP. I moved from XP > Vista > Win7.

Moving to Vista had the learning curve, but Win7 is only a small step from Vista.

I wouldn't want to go back to XP. Win7 makes life much more easy & productive.

Arie,
  10. 2010/10/22
    RichterScale3

RichterScale3 Inactive

No looking back eh? It is amazing how our minds get integrated into these machines, I'm kind of glad I can remember the day when there were no computers.
    Babage Machines were used at stores by poking in a calculation then pulling a lever to process it; one calculation in five seconds, (three if you're quick). I was just a kid then, and the only thing that intrigued me about Machine Calculations, was the cool noize it made, now there is no such thing as something happening Without a machine calculating something.

I think XP does everything a computer needs to do, and with all the updates will sustain communications over the network for alot of people. We only have to find a way to fend off the hackers and survive amid the Germ Warefare.

Arie, we'll catch-up soon enough.

Welcome to Windows BBS hpdjnetiskami.

Cheers,