1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Varick, 2014/07/04.

1. 2014/07/04
    Varick

Varick Inactive Thread Starter

My name is Varick and I am pretty much a computer moron. So please have patience. In my computer profile, I didn't even understand what to put for "Power Supply" so I put down the only thing that came to mind: 110V Outlet. I'm sure that's the wrong answer, but all I know is if I unplug my computer from the wall, there is no other "power source" than enables it to work.

So once again, please bear with my colossal ignorance when it comes to computers. Thanks.

V

2. 2014/07/04
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Welcome to WindowsBBS :)

FYI Power Supply refers to the PSU (Power Supply Unit) in your computer in terms of watts .....

From Adding System Specifications to your Profile

Power Supply - Details not listed - if you know the make and capacity (you may need to look inside the case) enter the relevant information. - Corsair AX850 80 PLUS Gold Certified

That is not vital information - edit to Not Known rather that poking around inside the case!

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/07/04
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Varick, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

There is no harm in asking questions. Especially since it gives you opportunities to learn something new.