1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Headphones won't work

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by VaCcAr0, 2017/08/30.

1. 2017/08/30
    VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    My computer won't recognize any headphones when I plug them in. The sound just continues to play out of the speakers.

It was working fine before. But all of a sudden, this happened.

2. 2017/08/30
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    Built. Broke. Fixed.
    You may need to visually inspect the headphone jack from the inside to make sure none of the contact prongs has not broke, or bent out of shape.

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/08/30
    VaCcAr0

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    Well, I tried something. I went to "services" and set Waves MaxAudio that I disabled before and set it to "Automatic". I think it was set to "manual" originally.

Not sure why it was working fine on disabled for a few days and decided to not work all of a sudden. But whatevs, it's working now.

Last edited: 2017/08/30
  5. 2017/08/31
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Great to see you are "hearing" again. There had to be some small trick to it. ;)

6. 2017/08/31
    VaCcAr0

Computer Experience:
    Basic
    Actually. It stopped working again. I went ahead and set it to "manual" and restarted and it works okay now. But it probably won't last for long..

It seems like whenever I change the setting whether disabled, manual, or automatic it will fix the problem but only temporarily. I have no idea why it would work for just a short time period. But there has to be a permanent fix to this. I don't want to have to keep rebooting the computer every time I want to use my headphones, granted with an SSD it doesn't take too long, but still annoying.