1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Inactive Have been attacked with Suspicious .cloud.9

Discussion in 'Malware and Virus Removal Archive' started by fmed4, 2014/09/30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2014/09/30
    fmed4

fmed4 Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    [Inactive] Have been attacked with Suspicious .cloud.9

I believe I have been corrupted with a virus. It appeared short time ago when I noticed my IE 11 hompage was changed. No matter how many times I changed it back to what I want when I reopen IE 11 it starts with the Bing site. Always Bing.
    I have Norton 360 installed but it failed to detect this problem. The next obsevation was that a Norton window would appear stating that it auto protected me from Suspicious.cloud.9. I also had a window saying that Goozbo has been prevented. I also have a window saying that:C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Install_5452\ytd.exe. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
    I have run a Norton full scan 3 times. I did a live tech chat with a Norton tech. He used a Norton Eraser to scan my system. This has not solved the problem.
    I have done everthing that was given In win BBS thread from Arie.
    I have downloaded:
    Zemana Antilogger free 1.7.2.390 ; Malwarebyte and Malware Chameleon. I have run each of these 3 times. The problem still exists.
    The DDS download does not happen. I keep getting a mesage that it has a compatability problem. This happens in IE 11 and Chrome.
    [​IMG]

2. 2014/09/30
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    Please, complete all steps listed HERE

Please, observe following rules:
    • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
    • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
    • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
    • Never run more than one scan at a time.
    • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
    • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
    • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
    • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/10/05
    fmed4

fmed4 Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    malware removal

I'm going to give it a try. Thanks Ill keep you updated.

5. 2014/10/05
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

Computer Experience:
    Experienced
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.