1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Graphics card for under $100?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by The WobMob, 2018/02/08.

1. 2018/02/08
    The WobMob

The WobMob Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I recently had an issue with my pc and had to have my hd and power supply replaced. I know have Windows 7 (haven't updated my peofile yet, still says 10). The power supply is 500w, from the 250 that came with the computer so I want to get a graphics card. Right now it's just the intel HD2000 on board. Don't have a lot of money to spend and since it's been many years since I bought a new card ("they have a Voodoo 2 out?!") I have no idea what is good. I'm looking for at least 2gb of memory. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. 2018/02/08
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/02/08
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Unless you do gaming you may be better off investing in max RAM for your computer because the Intel 2000 has pretty decent performance to begin with. Increasing yiour RAM may up the shared video memory.

5. 2018/02/08
    The WobMob

6. 2018/02/08
    The WobMob

Not sure what happened but Firefox wasn't letting me post, so had to switch to Chrome. :confused:
    Anyway, I am using the computer for gaming, but nothing high end, nothing really new. I really just want to breathe new life into my older games; Fallout 3, New Vegas, getting tired of playing Skyrim in 1024x768, etc. Plus there are a few games that just did not work with the intel chip. Those were actually a couple of the cards I was looking at so I guess I was on the right track. I'm looking at Amazon only because I got a gift-card through work so have some money off. And from what I see, my computer will only upgrade to a max of 8gb of ram. I have 6 now. I have the Gateway DX4860, but a lower end one.