1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Firefox Icon on Menu Toolbar

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by vegaspat, 2016/01/15.

1. 2016/01/15
    vegaspat

vegaspat Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I had several issues with FF today and got most of them resolved but one thing I can not figure out is an Icon in the upper far left on the Menu bar.

I am using FF 43.0.4 and not sure this came with the latest update or not.

It just says Firefox and has only a drop down arrow. It seems to consolidate many options that I already have with other buttons. I checked the Customization area but that didn't help.

I will attempt to attach an image for folks to better see what I'm talking about. I am not running Windows 10 on this PC. I also tried about:config with no luck.

Attached Files:

• 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      4.6 KB
      Views:
  2. 2016/01/16
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi vegaspat, I'm not showing that on the address bar. Is it to do with Mozilla annual request for a donation from FF users?
    What happens if you click on it and hit Enter?
    I've got my Vista HDD running to check and the latest FF update is applied. Neil.

vegaspat likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/16
    JSS3rd Lifetime Subscription

JSS3rd Geek Member

Hi Pat,

I'm running FF 43.0.4 (the latest stable release) with 64-bit Win7 Pro. I usually run FF with a number of extensions to customize it the way I want it to look but, when I open it in FF's Safe Mode to remove the extensions, it looks like my screenshot. Note that the titlebar and the menubar are completely separate from each other, while on your screenshot they seem to be combined. Have you done something to cause that?

Attached Files:

Last edited: 2016/01/16
    vegaspat likes this.
  5. 2016/01/16
    vegaspat

Jim and Retiredlearner.

I finally figured it out. Many FireFox versions ago I downloaded an Add-On called Classic Theme Restorer. When I had other issues I must have clicked on some option in that and discovered THAT was it. I had disabled my Add-0ns and the button disappeared so I whittled it down to that Add-on.

I'm just glad I don't have Windows 10 on this PC. That is really a bear.:)

Thanks so much for your efforts to help.

As a side note I used to spend a lot of time on this board but after a couple of posts things seem to change and it was a hassle. There used to me a gal on here and I can not remember her name that was very helpful. And Jim I think you used to be here also.

6. 2016/01/16
    JSS3rd Lifetime Subscription

JSS3rd Geek Member

Hi Pat,

I think you must be referring to Ramona, who hasn't been active on the board for over six years, due to health problems. I used to be a lot more active than I am now, largely because TB and FF have matured and are pretty stable, and now I have more questions than answers. When posters have problems, experts like Tony T are usually able to help.

Don't forget to mark the thread resolved (see Thread Tools at the top of the page).

Last edited: 2016/01/16
  7. 2016/01/16
    vegaspat

Yep, that was her name.

Thanks. Didn't realize it had been that long ago.

8. 2016/01/16
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Nice to know you're all sorted and running OK. I only run 1 Addon with FF - WOT which keeps me off bad/naughty/nasty web sites.
    It's the only one I use with FF and that is across all my comps with W10.
    This drive has Vista 32bit and it's quite different when you start it and wait for the Desktop to finally appear nearly 2 minutes later.
    I get spoiled with W10 opening in 15 to 20 seconds!!! :D Neil.

9. 2016/01/16
    vegaspat

Well, I am NOT thrilled at all with Windows 10. It almost messed up my laptop and I think it is very slow. I was totally happy with 8.1. I do not like having updates done without my knowledge. (Among other things.) :)

Thanks again.