1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Failed to install ISKernel Files

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by DPI Graphics, 2016/01/15.

1. 2016/01/15
    DPI Graphics

DPI Graphics Well-Known Member Thread Starter

When I try to start Corel Draw Suite, I get the message "Failed to install ISKernel Files" but if I execute the user file Corel works. This is crazy. Now I assume I can perform either/or both of the repair win10 & the make win10 work like win7.
    Is this true & if so, which should I perform 1st?
    Thanks a lot DPI

2. 2016/01/15
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Did you google -> Failed to install ISKernel Files and see all of the hits?

Is there more to the error like-> Make sure you have the appropriate privileges on this machine.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/15
    DPI Graphics

Yes there is "Make sure you have the appropriate privileges on this machine. ".
    I have not googled it. The first place that I looked was here. The both interested me so I thought I would check them out. As far as privileges is concerend, it makes no sence to me because if I open a file the app executes. If I try to execute the app by itsself, I don't have the privileges. That's a bug! I'll google it but it seems that I will still need to perform one or bothe of these procedures. I just don't know which one & in what order if I need to do them both. thanks DPI.

5. 2016/01/15
    DPI Graphics

I ran the compatibility app & it worked once then no more. Am I going to have to go thru this every time I use Corel(many times a day)?

Things were working good until MS did the last update ***** _ ***** _ *****!!!.

6. 2016/01/17
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

The files are sitting in a folder or desktop where your privileges work OK.

If you look in the Properties of the shortcut for the App, it should have a Shortcut tab->Advanced button. Click on it and select Run As Admin.

7. 2016/01/17
    DPI Graphics

I tried but it wouldn't let me so I gave up & re-installed the whole Corel Draw Suite & now it works just fine. Thanks for everything.