1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Event Viewer #7000 "DgiVecp" Service error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by charliej5, 2006/10/03.

1. 2006/10/03
    charliej5

charliej5 Inactive Thread Starter

I am brand new here and have read the posts regarding Event Viewer in Windows XP.

For quite a while, upon shutdown but not startup, Event Viewer is recording the following error:
    "The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. "

This is listed as Event 7000.

I have searched my computer for DgiVecp Service and find nothing. I also searched the internet using Google for "DgiVecp service" and get nothing.

When my PC shuts down, I get a Windows error sound, but the shutdown continues successfully. Maybe this problem is simply an annoyance, but I would like to get to the bottom of it and fix it.

I have read the Microsoft which directs me to right-click the appropriate service (DgiVecp), but there is no item for this listed.

Has anyone experience with this type error, and if so, would you please share the fix with me?

I shall appreciate any help which may be offered.

Many thanks,
    Charlie

2. 2006/10/03
    mailman Lifetime Subscription

mailman Geek Member

Hi, Charlie. Welcome to Windows BBS! :)

I Googled "DgiVecp service " and found several results.

Here is one www.derkeiler.com > Newsgroups > microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin post that might help. Unfortunately, it appears the original poster did not respond so we have no way of knowing if the suggestion worked.

Please let us know if it works or not.

EDIT: Since the proposed solution above appears to have worked for Charlie, I am quoting the source of the information below in case the URL link ever breaks (so other people with the same problem who read this thread may benefit).

Source: www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin/2003-11/4565.html

Last edited: 2006/10/04

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/10/03
    charliej5

charliej5 Inactive Thread Starter

Mailman............you ROCK!!!!

The link you provided to the Microsoft web page nailed the problem.

I had read on this forum that View Ahead Photo Center or FujiXerox could be the culprit. Searching my pc for these, I did have View Ahead Photo Center. Beats me where/when it came. Anyway, I ran a quick image backup of my drive and then uninstalled View Ahead Photo Center.

I rebooted and the problem was still there.

Next I read your post and went to the Microsoft page, printed the data and followed the instructions. The first method did not reveal DGIVecp, so I went to registry edit. Under Non-plug and Play I found DgiVecp which had a start value of 2. As instructed, I changed it to 4, rebooted and hallelujah...the problem is solved.

I will be on the alert for any dependent software that may have needed View Ahead Photo Center, and depending upon what it is, I will assess the feasibility of restoring from my image backup.

I cannot possibly tell you how appreciative I am for your assistance. You make " 'puting" fun!

Sincerely,
    Charlie

5. 2006/10/04
    mailman Lifetime Subscription

mailman Geek Member

Hi, Charlie.

Thanks for your compliments!

I'm glad to know you have your problem solved. Thanks for following up!