1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Event ID 213, License Service

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by 24jedi, 2004/06/15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/06/15
    24jedi Lifetime Subscription

24jedi Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Event ID 213, License Service

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: LicenseService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 213
    Date: 6/15/2004
    Time: 10:21:46 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: P0030
    Description:
    Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server <ServerName> could not be contacted.
    Data:
    0000: 22 00 00 c0 "..À

Resolution from MS : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];198132
    To resolve this issue, verify that the LLS server can establish a Remote Procedure Call (RPC) connection with the License Master server over the network. You may need to perform basic network troubleshooting to diagnose and correct any problems preventing the two servers from establishing the necessary communication link.
    Indicates that either the indicated Site License Server or domain controller is unavailable on the network or the License Logging service on that computer is stopped. Verify that the computer is on the network and is running. If the computer is available on the network, use Services in the Computer Management System Tools to verify that the License Logging service is running on that computer.

The <ServerName> is a Windows 2000 DC and Global Catalog server.
    No errors are reported on the DC
    Error Messages are occuring every 15 minutes on multiple NT4 member servers.
    NT4 Member Servers are part of the same domain, and physically on the same subnet and Switch.
    The error messages started around the middle of May 2004.

I reviewed the services on the DC. License Logging Service is Running.
    I have rebooted the DC twice...No change.
    I have also stopped and restarted the License Services on the Member Servers...No Change

I am able to open the Win2k event viewer from the NT4 box.
    I am able to open the NT4 event viewer from the Win2k box.
    Net View shows RPC is running on all machines.

Short of turning OFF the License Service on the NT4 machines, How do I get the issue resolved?

Any additional Help would be much appreciated.

2. 2004/06/16
    JoeHobart

JoeHobart Inactive Alumni

read this and confirm you are set correctly: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296681

If that is correct, then add LLSRPC to the NullSessionPipes value located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

As a last (and common) resort, disable LLS. :D

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/07/06
    24jedi Lifetime Subscription

24jedi Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I think I have this one solved.

In a NT4 domain, the license server replicates to the domain. This is the default setting. After looking at the settings on each of the servers:

All NT4 servers were configured to send licensing data to the domain.
    All W2k servers were configured to send licensing data to the site server.

The fix was to change the Master Server settings in the replication dialog box for nt4 member servers, from Domain Controller to Enterprise Server and specify the W2k DC acting as the site-server for licensing.

Not sure why this occurred, but I believe it is fixed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.