1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Event error ID: 1517

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by irdreed, 2004/10/07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/10/07
    irdreed

irdreed Inactive Thread Starter

Event error ID: 1517
    The event occurs if a program or service has the Registry open while Windows XP is logging off.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810616&sd=ee
    MS says You do not have to do anything. You can ignore the warning:

OR

On events 1517 from source Userenv, here’s a service to help with slow log off and unreconciled profile problems.

Download User Profile Hive Cleanup Service :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

2. 2004/10/07
    miniB

miniB Inactive

I used the user profile hive cleaning service with SP1 and it certainly closed the registry keys that caused the log to be created. I was told I did not need this with SP2 but I still had an the event ID you have so I have installed the serivce again and do not have the event logged any more. I am still running it as it even though the follow through shows no user interacation; I wanted a clean event log :confused:

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/10/07
    irdreed

irdreed Inactive Thread Starter

miniB, Thanks. Glad to find out someone else experienced a similar situation.
    Me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.