1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Error on Internet Explorer pages

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by plmtraveller, 2010/05/18.

1. 2010/05/18
    plmtraveller

plmtraveller Inactive Thread Starter

I am using Internet Explorer 8 and have just started getting "Error on page" in the bottom bar. No advanced search or other options (images, maps, etc) appear either.

The same error appears when I open Bingle.

I also find that when logging in to WindowsBBS.com my login is recognised but doesn't redirect. I am currently logged in on another computer.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

plmtraveller

2. 2010/05/18
    fdamp

fdamp Well-Known Member

"Error on Page" usually means your pop-up preventer is doimg its job and the system is ticked off because it can't put the pop-up advertisements in. I get it on almost every page I go to, but I'd rather get that than hundreds of ads crowding out what I went to look for.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/05/18
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Reset IE. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab and click the Reset button under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Arie,
  5. 2010/05/18
    plmtraveller

Thanks. I have executed your advice but it didn't fix the problems listed above.

6. 2010/05/18
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Hi plmtraveller,

It is always good advice to scan for critters, if any question exists that you may be unclean or infected.

Our forum is one of the best.

--------

But his may also be helpful:
    http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/86264-reregistering-jscript-query.html

here's the whole google hit list of some past post related to dial a fix and scripting errors:
    dial a fix and scripting error

I think your post relates more to scripting errors (yellow triangle with black exclamation in it) and ie's status bar but regardless the above will help with any scripting errors.

7. 2010/05/20
    plmtraveller

Hi goddez1,

Just letting you know that I am working through the thread on jscipt query. At first glance it looks complex but I will work through it when I have more time.

I get the message about not ignoring minor problems until they grow bigger. Thanks for the help.

8. 2010/05/27
    pscott661

pscott661 Inactive

Hi
    I'm getting a similar problem with IE 8 ... sometimes it's an "error on page ", and sometimes it just says "done ", but nothing loaded .. just a blank page. It's kind of like it downloaded so fast IE missed it or something :) . If I use the refresh the page loads fine, but it is a pain, refreshing all the time. I use goggle.ca as my homepage, and it loads blank about 50% of the time. Now I know there is no pop-ups on the goggle home page, at least there never has been before. Still I reset the advanced settings, and scanned with Kaspersky for bugs, but I still have the same glitch ... Any suggestions :)

Thanks
    Pat

9. 2010/05/30
    marytea13

marytea13 Inactive

Hi I have the problem with IE8 but only when I try to get inof from my social security then there's the yellow 'flag' on left had side error on page the java script void its this java script void message that I'd like to be able to fix please? TIA marytea13

10. 2010/05/30
    plmtraveller

goddez1,

Sorry, but I am not finding any solutions. My Google Home Page (and a couple of other web pages) still show "Error on page" at bottom left of screen.

The web page seems to work but is missing all its usual links to Images; videos; etc. and Advanced Search link.

When I right click over "Error on page" I get the following:-

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
    Timestamp: Sun, 30 May 2010 08:15:54 UTC

Line: 2
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.google.com.au/

I am sorry but previous advice did not provide instructions that I could understand.

11. 2010/05/30
    pscott661

pscott661 Inactive

This is the error I got with google

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
    Timestamp: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:24:47 UTC

Line: 8
    Char: 10
    URI: http://64.71.251.10/ByteCap-075-LG-English/index.js

Line: 1
    URI: http://www.google.ca/

And this is the error I got when logging onto this discussion thread

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
    Timestamp: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:32:20 UTC

Line: 8
    Char: 10
    URI: http://64.71.251.10/ByteCap-075-LG-English/index.js

Line: 1
    URI: http://www.windowsbbs.com/internet-explorer/93046-error-internet-explorer-pages-new-post.html

hmmm always the same line and character line 8 char 10 and line 1 char 1

12. 2010/05/30
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Hello plmtraveller,

What did you allow and how did you use dial-a-fix?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Do you have an alternate browser, such as Firefox?

Have you check IE's security tab and made sure each zone was using default?
    Security tab>default for cookies.

IE advanced tab> "restore advanced settings button ", give it a shot.

To Marytea113 and psscott661,

Hi guys. It is this boards custom to keep post confined to one person one serve. It helps to avoid confusion when dealing with a problem. If you see same or similar problem, you may start your own post and include a link to any post you believe to be relevant to yours. Sorry, but this method works better for all involved.

Last edited: 2010/05/30
  13. 2010/05/31
    marytea13

marytea13 Inactive

hi goddess1 I have tried microsoft fix -does not work for me . No I dont use any other browser social security told me Chrome would get same result.<Have you check IE's security tab and made sure each zone was using default?Security tab>default for cookies.IE advanced tab> "restore advanced settings button ", give it a shot.> I have done this previously but will check again. I believe this java error is a problem with IE8 & Secunia has IE8 as insecure. I am not going back to IE7 as to do that requires removing SP3 & then maybe (oly maybe) IE7 will set up again. This problem is a real pain:rolleyes:

14. 2010/05/31
    pscott661

pscott661 Inactive

Hi Marytea .. I think I solved the problem ... at least it seems to be so here. Safari and chrome were both doing the same thing BTW so it isn't a software problem. I checked along and one of the splitters close to my computer was not a digital splitter. I canged some of the connection a couple months ago and didn't check the lines. I picked up a digital splitter ... they're quite expensive $15 and the problem has seemed to have gone away ... it seems the eithnet card wasn't getting a clean enough signal ... hmmm go figure
    say goddez
    I only posted here cause all the problems seemed to be the same ... I mean identical .... sorry for any confusion I might have caused

15. 2010/06/02
    marytea13

marytea13 Inactive

The problem is fixed thru Microsoft fix - it scanned my computer & then did a fix thanks for you input:)

16. 2010/06/29
    plmtraveller

Hi Goddez1,

I have finally returned to my little problem and it is now fixed. Dial-a fix wasn't working for me and I went on holidays without any resolution.

However, just for the record I have to admit that it was resolved when I got back home and was forced to review my CA Virus protection software after problems viewing Pop-ups I wanted to see.

For some reason my settings were not allowing any Java script or Pop-ups and after lowering my protection levels to allow these, my "error" disappeared.

This thread is now resolved. Thank you for your patience and help.