1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Error message when trying to activate new software installation

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Bulldogs Sweety, 2017/09/11.

1. 2017/09/11
    Bulldogs Sweety

Bulldogs Sweety Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi. I upgraded my Embroidery Software (digitize designs, create projects, etc. for the home Embroidery Machine. II have Windows 7, 64 bit. After downloading and installing the different modules, we need to activate the software. I get this popup message when trying to activate with the activation code: "User interface DLL has stopped working." I did call software support and stumped the tech trying to help me. He said he never saw that error before. He was working pretty fast in my computer (remotely) but I saw where there was an error and it had activation after it. He did not know what that meant, either. I uninstalled the software, rebooted and reinstalled and I still get that message.
    Computer has been working good and I recently had my the current C drive cloned with a larger C drive. No problems with the software since, so not sure if that is an issue.
    I teach this software and am really frustrated.
    If you have any clue or can help, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. 2017/09/11
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I would uninstall your software, then run ADW cleaner to get rid of any leftovers from the uninstall then try again.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/09/11
    Bulldogs Sweety

Bulldogs Sweety Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Okay, I will try that. I don't know what ADW cleaner is but I can google it. Thank you.

5. 2017/09/12
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member