1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Error message 0x80070001

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by cozzielex, 2010/05/03.

1. 2010/05/03
    cozzielex

cozzielex Inactive Thread Starter

I have downloaded and installed Office2010 beta, but when I am prompted to activate online I get an error message 0x80070001. I've seen others have had the same problem but I cant find a solution
    I posted this earlier with another error problem with security essential which was resolved by Goddez1.
    Can anyone assist with this?
    Thanks

2. 2010/05/03
    cozzielex

I have been able to resolve this error by the following means:-
    This can be found at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/916180?p=1

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Determine whether the required entry is located in the Windows registry. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
    2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. In the right pane, locate UpperFilters, and then make sure that the Data value is set to PartMgr.
    4. If this entry does not exist, exit Registry Editor, and then go to step 2. If the entry does exist, exit Registry Editor.

2. Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
    3. At the command prompt, type the following text on one line, and then press ENTER:
    reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} /v UPPERFILTERS /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d PartMgr /f
    You receive the following message in the Command Prompt window:
    The Operation Completed successfully
    4. Restart the computer.

In my case I did not have the correct registry entry and had to follow Step 2. Luckily it worked.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/05/03
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Well sorted :) Note that the beta expires 31/10/2010

Office 2010 has been Released to Manufacturing (RTM) and will be available retail in June. I have my copies already through Technet :)

Please mark this thread as 'Resolved', see .....

5. 2010/05/03
    cozzielex

Pete, does that mean my beta version will be inoperative after that date?