1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[error ISO15-gets Os Version-3 when trying to uninstall MFC-240]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rwirsig, 2014/02/21.

1. 2014/02/21
    rwirsig Lifetime Subscription

rwirsig Well-Known Member Thread Starter

On Windows 7 PC 64 bit when trying to uninstall MFC-240 I get the error ISO15-gets Os Version-3. Brother customer support state there is a problem with the hard drive that needs fixing. Perhaps related: Prior to this when trying to use the scanner on MFC-J435W I get the error "Unable to communicate with scanning device ". Also perhaps related I cannot open office documents on Outlook

2. 2014/02/21
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Are they saying your harddrive is defective in some way? Have you tried running Windows own error checking tool? It might help if you could fill in more of your computer's details in your My System profile.

What version of Outlook are you using?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/02/22

MS Office Home and Business 2010

5. 2014/02/22
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

After reading some of your previous threads, I'd say you have a problem with your Windows 7 installation. If it were me, I'd probably do a repair, recovery or a reinstall of the operating system.

Maybe someone else, here, can offer a less painful solution.

6. 2014/02/23
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

Hopefully, you don't need to reinstall Windows when the printer doesn't work.

...I hope :D

You are trying to uninstall the printer drivers/software, correct? Try installing the original sofware/drivers again, then run the unintaller again. After that. install the NEW drivers [slash] software.

In other words, install the original Brother software again...then uninstall it...then try installing the new version.

7. 2014/02/23

I am leaving early this morning and won't be back till early April, so I will get back to this issue then. Thanks for your help.