1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Error accessing hotmail.com accounts in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by rsinfo, 2016/11/20.

1. 2016/11/20
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni Thread Starter

I have 3 accounts on hotmail.com & 2 accounts on outlook.com. Had been downloading emails from all of them through POP in Thunderbird for ages. No problem at all.

For last 4 days I am getting the following error on accessing mails from one of my accounts in Thunderbird

Sending of password for user sxxxxxxxxxv@hotmail.com did not succeed. Mail server pop-mail.outlook.com responded: Authentication failure: unknown user name or bad password. [Error= "AuthFailed:LogonDenied-FederatedStsUnreachable-<X-forwarded-for:103.211.52.146><ADFS-Business-604ms>failed logon error - STSFailure - '<S:Fault xmlns:S='http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-enve...:Value></S:Subcode></S:Code><S:Reason><S:Text xml:lang='en-US'>Invalid Request</S:Text></S:Reason><S:Detail><psf:error xmlns:psf='http://schemas.microsoft.com/Passport/]

Now the same error occurred in my other hotmail.com account today.

I have double checked the email id, the password, the POP settings. Everything is as per book. I can access the mails through the browser & on my Android phone. Any ideas ?

2. 2016/11/21
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

server hiccups

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/11/21
    rsinfo

Yep. Seems like that. Nothing to be done I guess.

5. 2016/11/23
    rsinfo

Status update. Both the accounts start working this morning. Means that the glitch at the server end has been resolved for the time being.

But one on my Yahoo email a/c started misbehaving. Sigh.

6. 2016/11/24
    rsinfo