1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Error 1717: The interface is unknown

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Javier, 2010/04/04.

1. 2010/04/04
    Javier

Javier Inactive Thread Starter

I had posted the following in the Operating Systems/Windows Vista group and realized that it should have gone in the Networking group instead.

"I had posted a while back that I was having issues trying to create a native VPN connection and ended up using a Cisco client.

This of coarse did not solve the issue about creating the native VPN. I have recently found that I am suppsed to have Remote Access Connection Manager runnig. But in order fo that to run, I need to have Secure Scocket Tunneling Protocol running as well.

So when I try to start SSTP I get the "Error 1717: The interface is unknown" message.

I have done some Googling on this and I found some sites where they reccommend doing a Clean Start to try and pinpoint what might be causing this, but I couldn't figure it out.

Has anyone else come across this before? "

2. 2010/04/11
    Javier

Well someone suggested that I un-install the Cisco client and try to start SSTP again. I tired this and was unsuccessfull. I am really not sure what I am missing here.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/04/18
    Javier

Error 711 in Windows 7 when creating native VPN

So now on my windows 7 machine, I am having an issue when creating a
    vpn connection. It creates the connection but first it gives me error 711 that it could not start remote access connection manager in time. Then in systray icon the VPN connection states that it is not available because there is a problem with my network adapter.

Is anyone else having these types of issues with creating a native VPN?