1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Error 0x80070017 Installing Windows]

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by amateurvideo0, 2013/02/24.

1. 2013/02/24
    amateurvideo0

amateurvideo0 Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Beginner
    Hey guys, can someone please help me

Error code:0x80070017

I currently have an activated windows 8 installed on my laptop which is great because activating windows 8 really was difficult for me.
    The problem is, I had it installed on a wrong partition (D) which is only 22.6 GB.

The reason why I did this was because I had my previous version of windows (Win 7) installed on partition :C, and I wanted :C to be clean before I install windows 8 but my windows 8 installer is not bootable so I installed my windows 8 on partition D then formatted partition :C by simply going into My Computer and clicking "Format ".

So now when I'm about to install windows 8 on the formatted partition :C, before it finishes its installation, it shows an error that says it cant continue the setup because some files are missing or corrupted.

Error code:0x80070017

Can anyone please help me or tell me what do????

I also tried installing windows 7 but it also gives me the same error.
    I tried installing after effects, not successful either.

HEEEEEELP!

Last edited: 2013/02/24
  2. 2013/02/24
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You'll need to get a bootable DVD. The error 0x80070017 means that your download of Windows 8 is corrupt.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.