1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[DUMP DATA] New computer randomly blue screens

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by oven, 2014/12/21.

1. 2014/12/21
    oven

oven Inactive Thread Starter

Hey, I recently built a new computer and it keeps blue screening at random times, usually once a day. I've tried figuring out the problem on my own but I'm having trouble, it seems to be something to do with my graphics card drivers. I've tried updating my graphics card drivers, and updating windows but nothing seems to be helping. I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out.

oven,
  2. 2014/12/21
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi oven, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

I see you are getting the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD.

Lets start by checking your memory. Run Memtest86 and see if you have any faulty RAM modules.

Please note:

To work around the above, test the installed RAM in various configurations. If you have a single module, swap it around the slots. If you have a pair of modules, run each one singly, swapping between slots; and then run them in pairs swapping between pairs of slots. If you have 2 sets of matched modules do not get them mixed up.

If your memory checks out then run Check Disk on the hard drive to repair any file system errors.

To do this click Start< Computer. Right click on your hard drive and click on Properties. Then once the hard drive properties dialog box opens, click on the Tools Tab. Under where it says Error-checking click on the Check Now button. Ensure that both the Automatically fix file system errors and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors checkboxes are both checked. After that is done click on the Start button. Check Disk will ask you to schedule the disk check when you restart your computer. Click on yes to do this and then restart your computer to allow check disk to run.

Lets also check your system temperatures. Download and run Open Hardware Monitor. Then while the computer is idle post a screenshot of your systems temperatures using Open Hardware Monitor in your next reply.

Are you overclocking any components? Have you updated your motherboards BIOS to the latest version? Do the blue screens occur when your computer is idle?

3. to hide this advert.