1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Downloading Firefox 4.01 on my computer

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Glen108, 2011/05/22.

1. 2011/05/22
    Glen108

Glen108 Inactive Thread Starter

I downloaded Firefox 4.01 on my windows 98 pc, and after opening the Firefox Desk Top, there was this message:
    Bookmarks & History System will not be functional because one of the
    Firefox applications is in use by another application, Some security software can cause this problem.
    I'm using IE6, can this be the reason? If so what other Firefox applications can I use, and compatable with IE6, or any other browsers available.
    I'm finding that many websites do not support IE6 and they suggest that I
    upgrade my browser.
    Any suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. 2011/05/22
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

I am not sure FF 4.0 will work correctly on Win 98. Mozilla web site indicates Win2000 is oldest OS it supports.

From their Website:

and:

I am not widely familiar with FF since I only use it occasionally. But hope this helps.

MItch

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/05/22
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Glen108, I have a HD with Windows98SE and running FF2.0. When I open FF, a message appears on the screen with URGENT! your version is no longer protected upgrade to latest version.

So you click the link to update and a message says my system cannot support the latest version.

It works with version 2.0 FF and Avast 4.8 AV and I'll leave it at that. Cheers Neil.

ps. This is not the HD I use all the time, it's just for checking others problems.;)

5. 2011/05/23
    Glen108

Glen108 Inactive Thread Starter

I thank everyone who have giving me suggestions on solving
    my Firefox and updating my browser problems.
    I'm going to move on to a new pc shortly and hopefully updating my browser to
    IE8 or IE9.
    Thanks again.