1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Downgrading from Media Player 11 to Media Player 10

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by manningmbd, 2006/06/14.

1. 2006/06/14
    manningmbd

manningmbd Inactive Thread Starter

How do I downgrade from Windows Media Player 11 to Windows Media player 10? I removed Windows Media Player from the programs list in the Control Panel, and I tried installing WMP10 again, but it won't let me because I already have a current version of WMP. I do not like WMP11 at all, and would like to go back to WMP10. Thanks in advance.

2. 2006/06/14
    Dennis L Lifetime Subscription

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Release Notes for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP

Installing and Removing the Player
    Try the Rolling back to a previous version of the Player option from the above link.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/06/14
    manningmbd

Thanks!

5. 2006/06/14
    Dennis L Lifetime Subscription

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Let us know if your able to roll back.
    With WMP 11 in beta, could be more who wish to roll back.
    Good luck :)

6. 2006/06/14
    Mudd

Mudd Inactive

I installed Media Player 11 Beta over Version 10. I agree with manningmbd in that I didn't like it either. It was slow to open and close. Otherwise was OK. If they get that corrected I'll gladly go back to 11.

I removed Version 11 using he Add/Remove of Control Panel and Version 10 setup options appeared on screen. Just as if I was installing 10 for first time. All is well.

Mudd,
  7. 2006/06/14
    manningmbd

Yep, that worked. Thanks Dennis L.

My beef with WMP11 wasn't only the slow opening and closing of the program, but it was just how things were organized. The thing I liked most about WMP10 was that you could see about 40 songs in your library in one screen without having to scroll around. With WMP11, they had the album art in the library, and you just had a lot of wasted space in there. I like to be organized with my 3000 songs and I like to have a simplistic way of going through songs without scrolling and all that.