1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Does Microsoft Ever Wonder Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chris, 2015/09/16.

1. 2015/09/16
    Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a CD I want to burn. I used to use CDBurnerXP, but since they bundle it with spyware now, and it's "not recommended" anymore, I don't want to install it.

Lately, I have been using Windows Media Player to burn. Some files I want to burn are Flac files. CDBurnerxp, Nero (my version won't work with 7), and many others will burn Flac's.

Does Microsoft? Nope. Doesn't work.

Another CD is 80:03. 3 seconds longer then 80 minutes. Nero burns 80:03, CDburnerxp burns the :03 longer.

Does Windows? Nope. 3 seconds wrecks burning the whole project in Windows.

With this kind of MS ****, you'd think they would lose market share. Oh, wate a minute, they are.

Does Microsoft have meetings and wonder why they're becoming less and less important? Why there losing market share?

Does the person who thought about making software that you can't use, and have to switch to software other then windows ever look bad there? Or does Microsoft think it's cool to do this?

Chris.

2. 2015/09/16
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Would Zorin be a viable option?

Last edited: 2015/09/16

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/17
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member

5. 2015/09/17
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

James, this is a Linux OS - once installed on HDD it has to be given some special treatment to restore the HDD for Windows.
    I assume you were suggesting the Trial basis of use.
    I would visit FileHippo and choose a CD/DVD burning software as from Googling it appears WMP doesn't like FLAC when burning a disc. Neil.

6. 2015/09/17
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member